Today I wanted to share some of my favorite gifts Tim & I got as new parents – or wish we had gotten! It’s always hard to know what to get new parents – would they like this? Do they already have this item? So I put together a quick list of some of my favorites!
- Freezer Meals – This was soooo helpful. Even better, if you can host a Freezer Meal Party for the mom-to-be right before baby comes. But if not, bringing a few freezer meals by that she can heat up later on in the oven or crock pot are so appreciated! In the first few weeks there will be tons of visitors bringing by fresh food, but when visitors start to dwindle a few weeks in having a freezer meal available is so helpful!
- Uber Eats or Postmates giftcard – if you don’t have the time (or are just a horrible cook!) an uber eats or postmates giftcard is also a great choice!
- If momma is breastfeeding snacks to help keep her milk supply up are a thoughtful gift! I’d recommend Mother’s milk tea, coconut water, protein muffins (which you can bake) or protein bars (which you can purchase), trail mix & dried fruit, full fat yogurts and a little chocolate 😉
- A “Spa Day” for Mom – Can be a gift card for a massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, blowout… combo, whatever you know she likes. Can also make a “spa gift basket” for mom with natural bath products. One of my favorite gifts was from a friend who sent me under-eye cream – NEEDED THAT. Concealer & dry shampoo wouldn’t be a bad idea either!
- Diapers and Wipes – Duh. Ask mom first if she has a favorite brand. Don’t buy newborn size – babies grow out of them so quickly! I’d recommend SZ 2 as a lot of people may have already gifted SZ 1s.
- Bluetooth Headphones – Tim would bring Evelyn into the living room so I could sleep but i’d hear Game of Thrones violence coming from the TV. 1) I couldn’t sleep through that noise & 2) I didn’t want Evelyn hearing it. A-la-Bluetooth Headphones. Brilliant!
- Dad Pouch – super cute way for dad to be able to snuggle with baby and get some close bonding time. Was super convient as well for our first flight.
- These Postpartum Nursing Compression Leggings and this nursing friendly control tank.
- This super comfy nursing and maternity friendly house dress (great baby shower gift too!).
- Gift card for a house cleaning service!!!!
- Gifting a photography session. A good photographer is expensive but every new mom wants beautiful photos of her newborn. This is a more expensive gift so great idea for grandparents or if a group of friends want to go in on it together.
- Amazon Gift Card – if nothing else, you can’t go wrong with an Amazon gift card! How did mom’s survive before Amazon Prime?!?!